Harvard Business School Offers Executive Education Program on Corporate Social Responsibility
Harvard Business School (HBS) Executive Education is offering Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategies to Create Business and Social Value, a program designed to help executives align corporate social responsibility (CSR) with business strategy, and successfully manage through the current environment. This program will be held October 17–20, 2012 on the HBS campus in Boston.
Targeted to senior executives from a broad range of industries, the curriculum focuses on developing and implementing CSR strategies that reinforce core business practices and yield cost-effective, measurable results in any economic environment. Through this intensive learning experience, participants will acquire actionable frameworks for positioning their organization and brand to succeed and endure over time.
“CSR initiatives are more necessary than ever—enabling firms to tackle important societal issues and enhance business success. Effective programs that serve the community in a compelling way and demonstrate a strong potential to influence the business must be retained and grown,” said Professor V. Kasturi “Kash” Rangan, faculty chair of this popular leadership training program. Rangan shares more insights on the value of CSR in his working paper Why Everyone Needs a CSR Strategy and How to Build It.
- Present the business case for continuing CSR initiatives during challenging times
- Assess risks and rewards before making capital investments or other business decisions
- Understand how CSR directly impacts current and future regulatory practices
- Align CSR strategies with organizational goals
- Identify and explore critical emerging issues facing the field of CSR
- Drive CSR throughout the organization
- Measure the impact of CSR initiatives on the organization’s bottom line
- Generate successful interaction with governments, non-governmental organizations, and key stakeholders
By drawing on real-world case studies, classroom discussions, and the latest research, HBS faculty help senior executives examine how successful businesses manage CSR in both good and difficult times.
Participants also gain exposure to global perspectives through their interactions with industry guest speakers and a diverse network of peers.
For more information or to apply online, those interested in attending can visit www.exed.hbs.edu/programs/csr. Because this program quickly reaches capacity, early application is encouraged.
Harvard Business School, Executive Education
+1 (800) 427-5577
Visit our Website: http://www.exed.hbs.edu
Connect with Us: http://www.exed.hbs.edu/connect
KEYWORDS: Business & Trade, CSR Strategy, CSR business, CSR harvard, CSR Program, CSR learning, corporate social responsibiity program