(3BL Media) Montréal, QC – May 9, 2012 - Today Bombardier Inc. published its 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, entitled All Aboard, presenting the Company’s CSR activities over the past year.
All Aboard represents the fifth annual CSR Report Bombardier has published.
“While 2011 marked the fifth year of CSR reporting at Bombardier, we’ve always engaged in best CSR practices as part of our daily activities. We’re determined to build on our five-year legacy of complying with the highest international CSR reporting requirements and to continue embedding CSR in everything we do,” said Pierre Beaudoin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bombardier Inc.
In addition to its 2011 CSR Report, Bombardier’s dedicated website, www.csr.bombardier.com, has been fully updated, completing its CSR reporting and featuring the latest comprehensive information on performance, as well as photos, videos and a new look and feel.
Highlights from 2011 include:
- implementing the Global Talent Roadmap to address changes in the talent landscape
- investing in products like the CSeries commercial aircraft and ECO4 rail technologies, setting new standards of energy efficiency
- ensuring that environmental concerns are addressed from the earliest stages of product development with the Design for Environment program
- implementing the Bombardier Green Fund to elicit and leverage the best site-submitted initiatives to improve energy efficiency and overall environmental performance
- developing supply chain compliance programs and establishing new supplier recognition programs
- enhancing the Bombardier 3E approach: Education, Environment and Entrepreneurship, focusing the organization’s community involvement around its core values and competencies
- following Sustainable Asset Management’s (SAM) Corporate Sustainability Assessment, listing on both the Dow Jones Sustainability North America and World Indexes, benchmark indicators of sustainability, for the fifth consecutive year
- recognized as the SAM 2011 Sector Mover in the SAM Sustainability Yearbook 2012, ranking within the top 15% of the Aerospace & Defence sector and achieving the largest proportional year-over-year improvement in sustainability performance; received the SAM Gold Class award, ranking within 1% of the Sector Leader’s score
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011, were $18.3 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
The CSeries aircraft are in the design phase. All data and specifications are estimates, subject to change in family strategy, branding, capacity and performance during the design, manufacture and certification process. Performance has been estimated based on a 500-nm North American operating environment.
Bombardier, CSeries and ECO4 are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Isabelle Rondeau, Director, Communications
Shirley Chénier, Senior Director, Investor Relations
KEYWORDS: Business & Trade, Energy, Environment, Reporting, Ratings & Rankings, Technology. Innovation & Solutions, #CSR, #CSR #Communications, Bombardier, CSR Report, Green fund