Leaders to gather in Boston and share profitable solutions April 25-26
(3BL Media) Boston – April 3, 2012 – Don’t let the weak economy and election-year rhetoric fool you: companies and investors across the United States and around the world are tackling climate change and other environmental challenges head-on—and are finding it profitable to do so. They are investing in solutions, deploying new technologies and adopting game-changing business models that are building a globally sustainable economy.
Ceres Conference 2012: Igniting Innovation, Scaling Sustainability will bring together 400-plus leaders from business, the investment community, government and the nonprofit sector to highlight some of the world’s biggest sustainability problems, present groundbreaking solutions, and create a forum for sharing best practices.
The event, to be held in Boston April 25-26, will feature sessions such as:
* Smart Utilities: Investing Capital Amid Historic Uncertainty and Risk
* Building a Sustainable Supply Chain
* Building Sustainable Cities
* Last Call at the Oasis: Solutions to the Water Crisis
* The Road to 2020: Charting the Progress of the 21st Century Sustainable Corporation
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Lisa Jackson, EPA Administrator
- U. S. Rep. Niki Tsongas, Massachusetts’ 5th District
- Michael Kobori, Vice President, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Suzanne Fallender, Director of CSR Strategy and Communications, Intel Corporation
- Sarbjit Nahal, Head of ESG, SRI & Sustainability Research, BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research
- Steve Corneli, Senior Vice President, NRG Energy Inc.
- Anne Stausboll, CEO, California Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Robert Eccles, Professor, Harvard Business School
- Sean Kidney, Chair, Climate Bonds Initiative
- Jeremy Rifkin, President, Foundation on Economic Trends and Author
- Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins, Chief Executive Officer, Green For All
- Mindy Lubber, President, Ceres
April 25-26, 2012
8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET (day one)
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM ET (day two)
425 Summer St, Boston, MA 02210
For more information:
Peyton Fleming, 617-733-6660, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cortney Piper, 865-789-2669, email@example.com
Ceres is an advocate for sustainability leadership. Ceres mobilizes a powerful coalition of investors, companies and public interest groups to accelerate and expand the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy. Ceres also directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a network of 100 institutional investors with collective assets totaling more than $10 trillion.
+1 (617) 247-0700
KEYWORDS: Environment, Conference, Finance & Investment, Sustainable Investment, Socially Responsible Investing, Expert Connections, investor, conference, climate change, sustainability, leaders, Boston, Economy